Fat Ironman

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Shiny, Red, Fast

Yesterday my wife finally caved and let me pay off my brand new Felt s32. It is a beautiful bike with aero tubes, bar-end shifters, and tri-specific geometry. Last night I took it for a short spin and it was awesom. I can't wait to get it in a race and see how fast I can go.

On the weight side of things I am still doing ok. When I got home from Thanksgiving I weighed a whopping 232 lbs. That was a most embarassing and shameful day. There had been a time when I was 270 then I dropped 80 lbs to get to 190. Even as recently as Nov. of 04 I was at 195. Now I am sitting at 221 and am starting to eat better and exercise more. I still have the goal of getting down to 219 for the race of the 11th of February, but I think I can get somewhere in the neighborhood of 215.

140.6 miles of water and road await me on October 21st, and I hope that only 175 pounds of me makes that trek. Here's to healthy eating and lots of training!

-Fat Ironman

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home