Fat Ironman

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Pre Ironman Arizona Post

I originally posted this on facebook in April

I love the feeling of doing something huge and the rush of knowing there is no turning back. I remember exactly where I was when I pushed the green button on my phone to call Melia for the very first time. My thoughts were zipping around my head, like "what am I going to say?what if she thinks I'm I dork,I think I'm I dork, what if she asks about how neat I am,should I lie and say that I always pick up my socks?Maybe it will just go to voicemail..."

In August I signed myself up for Ironman Arizona, a triathlon that consists of a 2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike, and 26.2 mile run. No prob, I had 8 months to get ready, sure I was about 30 lbs over where I was last time I did a triathlon that lasted more that 90 minutes, but hey I had time.

Well, time is gone, I get on a plane with my bike in two weeks and go embark on this journey, and it's starting to sink in that I'm going to swim, ride and run 140 miles in the beeping Arizona dessert...or desert...I can't spell, I mean the one with the cacti and isn't sweet.

All in all I'm really excited. I'm ready to spend Saturdays doing something other than pedaling my bike for 6 hours, and I'm cool with not having to watch another "aqua aroebics" class of 300 lb grandmas going on in the lane next to me for a while. Note to self, take out contacts before swimming on Mondays and Wednesdays.The only questions left now are...Do I have what it takes to finish an Ironman and should I get the m-dot tatoo that IM finishers get?I can't wait!

Later!-Matt

1 Comments:

At 4:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home